Jarrow and Hebburn Athletic Club is committed to the welfare and well-being of all our members. The Club’s Welfare Officers are the first point of contact for any concerns and queries in relation to welfare matters. The contact details and duties of the Club Welfare Officer are outlined below. There is currently a vacancy for a male welfare officer and anyone interested in this role should contact a member of the Club Committee.
Welfare Officer: Claire O’Halloran
Phone 07716 588 309
The Welfare Officer(s):
- Oversee matters that arise in relation to the health, well-being and safety of club members, and have an understanding of the most appropriate way to manage and respond to them.
- Support and advise Club officers and the Committee on implementing UKA and England Athletics welfare policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all Club coaches, officials and volunteers have completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, as required, and assist in this process.
- Report any concerns about child abuse to the relevant local children’s services or police immediately. If the Club Welfare Officer is not available, the person with concerns should report the matter to local children’s services or police themselves.
- Report any concerns about child abuse to both the UKA Welfare Officer and England Athletics Welfare Officer, and inform them what action has been taken.
- Inform the EA Welfare Officer about any concerns regarding misconduct, which are not related to child abuse.
- Be responsible for the promotion of the Club Code of Conduct to members, coaches, parents and others associated with the Club, and help ensure these codes are adhered to.
- Signpost and provide advice to the Committee and Club officials on any activities, training and initiatives that could support the health and well being of Club members.
- Deal with all welfare matters with discretion and confidentiality, except where the situation requires the sharing of information with the relevant local authorities, child protection officers, police and national governing bodies, and other Club officials.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Club Committee (Usually the first Monday of each month) and coaches meetings.