Membership forms for 2019-20 are now available on the Join Us page please complete and return as soon as possible. A membership form must be completed and returned to the club even if you are paying by bank transfer. Fees remain at the same cost as last year.
Jarrow and Hebburn AC members are invited to attend the Club Annual General Meeting, which will take place on Tuesday 7 May 2019 at 7.15 pm in the Club House at Monkton Stadium.
The meeting will start promptly at 7.15 pm, which allows the evening’s training sessions to conclude, so that coaches and training groups can join. The meeting will close by 8.15 pm and we all need to be out of the stadium grounds by 8.30 pm. Members are welcome to join the Committee for a drink in the Lord Nelson afterwards. An agenda for the meeting can be found here.
Club members should have all received agenda and proxy voting instructions by email from the Club Secretary, via the EA Portal.
Twenty six brave souls managed to pull on their running shoes and themselves away from the annual tv and chocolate binge to race the boxing day handicap this year. Well done everyone and thanks to those who helped raise £135.00 which will be donated to the Clare Docherty fund.
Well done Alan Jobling on a great race!
The results for the minors cross country can be found at the bottom of the race page here
• All numbers to be collected from the clubhouse. We do request one person per club/ school collect all of their team numbers.
• Toilets and changing facilities are available in the clubhouse at Monkton Stadium.
• Maps of the course will be available on the day.
• Please use the car park where you can. If you do park in the surrounding streets please be courteous around driveways and narrow parts of the village.
• Bedeswell Park is across the road from Monkton carpark. Take extra care crossing the road to the entrance of the park.
• First race will start at 11am year 4 girls and each race will run as soon as all competitors are through the finish line and results have been collated.
• Medals for the top three in the race will be presented at the end of the race. School medals will be presented to the schools along with the Shield next week.
• Results will be published as soon as they have been checked
• Don’t forget your pins and most of all enjoy your run!!
Jarrow and Hebburn Athletic Club invites our members and guests to the annual Club Presentation Evening, which takes place on Saturday 10 November 2018 at Hedworth Hall in South Shields.
The evening is to recognise and celebrate the achievements of our athletes, and show appreciation to our dedicated coaches and volunteers. It is also a rare opportunity for club members of all ages and from all training groups to meet, chat and socialise.
Tickets are available from your club coaches, priced at £8 for full members and £5 for mini athletics. Buffet dinner is provided. Places are limited and will be issued on a first come, first served basis, so please don’t leave it until the last minute to get yours.
Award nominations are now open online and will close at midnight on Sunday 28 October. Please follow this link to the nomination form.
Please read the instructions at the top of the nominations page. Only nominate one person per category and only write the person’s name; not the reason for nominating. If you want to include quotes to support your nominations, please email them to JonathanGilroy@hotmail.com and we’ll include them on the night. Paper nomination forms are also available from coaches.
Please can all winners from last year’s awards return their trophies to the club as soon as possible to allow us to get them engraved. All trophies must be returned by Thursday 18 October 2018.
It promises to be a fantastic evening. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Bring on the mud!!!
The Start Fitness North East Harrier League starts tomorrow, here are the fixtures in full for the coming season, along with some other useful info for club members.
Saturday 29 September 2018 – Wrekenton
Sunday 7 October 2018 – Druridge Bay
Saturday 27 October 2018 – Gosforth Park
Saturday 17 November 2018 – Aykley Heads, Durham
Saturday 5 January 2019 – Sherman Cup – Temple Park, South Shields
Saturday 9 February 2019 – Thornley Hall Farm, Peterlee
Saturday 2 March 2019 – Alnwick Castle
Jarrow and Hebburn AC will pay the £3 Harrier League registration fee for each participating club member, with the following conditions:
- Club members must register at the start of the season. Please inform team captains Claire Simpson or Brendan McMillan if you are interested in competing.
- Club members must run in at least one Harrier League fixture or the Sherman Cup in the 2018-19 season.
- If club members lose their number during the season, it is up to them to pay the £5 replacement fee.
Please check this as soon as possible. Do not wait until race day if you think there’s a mistake. Please contact your team captain straight away.
Other Cross Country Fixtures
Minors Cross Country – for children in years 4, 5 and 6 of school
Sunday 14 October – Campbell Park / Bedeswell Park, Jarrow
North Eastern Cross Country Championships
Saturday 8 December 2018 – Wrekenton
Northern Athletics Cross Country Championships
Saturday 26 January 2019 – Pontefract Racecourse
2019 Saucony English National Cross Country Championships
Saturday 23 February 2019, Harewood House, near Leeds
Organised by the Blyth Running Club, the Sands Race is held along the beach from Blyth to Seaton Sluice and back again. This is an annual event, handicapped by age and sex and held on the first Sunday in December. See the article at http://www.blythrunningclub.org.uk/sands_race_main.html history of the Sands Race.
An entry from can be found here
Entries for the 2018 Minors Cross country event to be held on Sunday 14th October at Bedeswell Park, Jarrow are now open. The event is open to children in school years 4, 5 and 6. More information and the entry form can be found on the events page here
The results can be found on the harrier league website here.
With thanks to…
Thank you to all the competitors for you support of our event.
And finally, than you to all involved in organising and volunteering at the race.